LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
In Love With Death - Y. Correa This get a solid 4♥'s!

Overview
This urban fantasy revolves around Azriel (love the name, by the way- had a beloved cat I named Azriel), the Angel of Death and soul collector, and Sophia, a Puerto Rican female living a simple life until her grandmother gets sick. Sophia is an innocent, young adult; babsitting for an Autistic child, Junior, and working at an animal shelter. Once Lourdes, Sophia's grandmother, becomes ill and finally passes, Azriel's interest is piqued and he does something out of the norm- attends the funeral. There he meets Sophia. One glimpse at her brilliant aura, and he finds himself unable to stay away from her. Sophia is equally drawn to Azriel, as the bonds of fate ensnare them both.

Favorite Quote
"I did everything not to run to him, throw my arms around him and lick his face off! I mean, oh my God!"

What I Thought
I was a highly enjoyable book. While not my absolute favorite 'version' of Death or the Angel of Death (I think Piers Anthony has stolen that award with On a Pale Horse), it was still clever and interesting without resorting to using off-the-wall tactics. It really painted the picture of a Hispanic family, and how they related with both Sophia and Azriel. I loved the use of Spanish and the English translations for those of us linguistically challenged, like myself. There were several twists in the story that I saw coming, but it did not feel cookie-cutter or diminish my love of the book. Azriel is hot, hot, hot; this book, while a romance, is not a bodice-ripper. It's long on romance, flashes to Azriel's past, and exploring Sophia's present; but do not expect much in the way of carnal descriptions. I would definitely recommend it for anyone looking for an urban fantasy with vanilla romance.

Why not try it out and see if you, too, fall 'In Love with Death'?