LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Awakening - C.P. Charles Hmm...

The basic story was intriguing. It most definitely was not a cutter cutter novel.

There were times where I would get confused as to which character was speaking at what time. And some elements of the story were obvious from early on (I could really point out of the 'bad guys' right away and was flabbergasted at other character's ignorance), while other parts seemed to have no foreshadowing at all. While I don't want necessarily everything given away, I wished for just a little more .... I'm not sure. It was just this side of paranormal, but not quite, and psychological thriller, but not quite, and a mystery, but again, not quite.

If I remember correctly, I think I got a 'rough draft' or at least not final revised copy of this. There were so errors that were noticeable, but I am confident editing that's likely already happened will have resolved this. It didn't impede my enjoyment of the story.

It was odd, at times, thinking of the main heroine as almost two different people. The before the accident, and after. Although there is a satisfying HEA at the end, there was much that the reader was left guessing on. Did she finally stop seeing those disturbing images or did she see them for the rest of her life? Would be very difficult to hide an affair from her if that was the case! And the quasi-paranormal elements other than what I just mentioned... did they go away? Maybe it was touched on, and I didn't just absorb the answer.

Overall, I liked it. I didn't love it, but I liked it. There were parts that really drew me in, and had be eagerly reading and then some that I was just kinda getting through it trying to get to the 'good parts' again.

"What is memory and imagination is blurred to me."

"There is a lot I don't remember, but how can anyone forget those green eyes."

"I feel things, it's like I've been woken up from a beautiful sleep and everything here, is loud and hard and devoid of beauty or light."

I'd likely round the score overall up to a 3½♥'s.