LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
The Secret of Ella and Micha - Jessica Sorensen I didn't LOVE this like so many others do. It was good, it entertained me and I did read it nearly in one sitting.... but it wasn't great for me. So it was an above average romance with damaged characters, I felt like we 'knew' the main couple well from the book. And I must admit, Micha's aqua eyes and lip ring (*swoon*) had me panting.

The reasons why it didn't rate higher... I've had some person experience with damaged parents. Alcoholics, manic depressive, suicide attempts are all sadly 'old hat' for my past experience with at least one of my parents, and I know everyone is different and react and cope in different ways. But I just had issues with Ella's issues, with how she dealt with them... I just didn't find it fell within my expected realistic portrayal of everything. I guess ultimately, I never really felt connected with Ella myself. Micha, I totally understood his problems, and had no problem accepting his behavior, reactions... I got it. I accepted it. But Ella... maybe if she had stayed a goth I might have identified with her more. I don't know. Basically her side of everything just fell flat for me as a reader.

To warn other readers, too... this is a tamer romance. There is some spicy action, but it's a long way getting there. The scenes that are present end up finishing far faster than I prefer. I've enjoyed many 'vanilla' romances with light or no nookie, but this one left me wanting still in some ways. I will likely read the rest of the series, if nothing else just to get more of Micha's aqua gaze and mentally imagine playing with his lip ring.