LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Rearranged - Tina Carreiro Cowboys... check. Head-strong girl under the thumb of oppression... check. Horses... check. Peaches, sweet ice tea, and 'bless her heart' Southern drawl all drip from the pages as if you just took a juicy bite. Did I mention cowboys? That should count for two... at least.

"He opened his truck door and yelled back as he entered it - Get a bar of soap for her mouth, a paddle for her ass, and ice for your balls." And let me tell you he isn't just whistling Dixie!

Wade just moseyed on into my heart from the beginning. Tall, dark, and broody with very 'real' worries for his brother, Levi. Wade seems so honest and blue collar yet surprisingly haunted. I warned you- broody, but also a heart as sweet as honey. Let's not forget spitfire and complacent (I know, odd combination- right?) Carly that so desperately wants to spread her wings and fly into a future of her own making, but that is the one thing she can never, ever have. Part of me wants to hug her, another part wants to force feed her confidence. I was really rooting for them throughout the book, and SO frustrated when they were BOTH being so damn stubborn!

It's a nice Southern, cowboy romance. Comfortable, like a well-worn pair of jeans right up until it slaps your a$$ and calls you Sally with a 'I did NOT expect that to happen!' I've really got to applaud the hints of future 'woah!' moments early on that just weave into the overall storytelling. (I am also really eager to see MORE Levi, maybe he can get his own book someday? But that's another story... I hope!) I mentioned hot cowboys, right? Makes me totally want to join the 'Save a Horse' movement.

save a horse photo: save a horse save.jpg

I really was flabbergasted about how everything went down. In a good way, if that's possible. I've been warring with myself over my rating. I liked SO much about this, there were so many things that just draw you into the story and lull you into a false sense of security. It does stand out most definitely, like a gemstone in the rough. I really want to give this 4½♥'s and the choice between 4 or 5.. Gah! I ended up (obviously) rounding down because something didn't quite turn it up to an '11'. It was great, and I'd highly recommend anyone into contemporary western romance! Take a chance, dance a two-step, and find yourself falling for this 'peach' of a book!

I received an ARC from Time & Tide Publishing in exchange for an unbiased review.