LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Zane - Kimberly Lewis I receiving an eBook from the author via Making Connections in exchange for a review. My thoughts are my own.

Holy. Hot. Cowboys. Not just hot, but 'Did it just get hot in here, HAWT'! And there is more than one, so it gives promise of future 'hotness' down the line. Promise is never a bad thing!

It's like Sleeping with the Enemy meets Dukes of Hazard, but in the best possible way. It's got that city girl becomes a 'fish out of water' feel to it... just the descriptions alone of Andie first hearing a rooster, or trying to collect the eggs from the chicken coops! It was really amusing and provided that perfect foil to the 'heavier' theme of escaping a physically abusive relationship. It really manages to keep the overall tone light and you can't help but anticipate the romance even as the animosity sparks are flying.

I am far from being the best judge of punctuation or grammar, but I found the book to be well written. It's like this clever little Indy author Western romance... but it has the feels of a 'big' author instead. I was just really amazed from start to finish- the cover (hot- yes we're bad to hot), the snarky dialouge that I just love, and the great opening book leading a trail of chocolate (we don't want stinking breadcrumbs) down the path to the new McKades of Texas book! I sucked Zane down in a day!

And I have to include my favorite quote from the book...

“Screw you, cowboy!” she yelled after him, saying the word exactly as she had before. “And that horse you rode in on.”

(Seems kinda underwhelming until you read the book and realize... he really DID ride in on a horse. I laughed out loud and got a scathing look from my husband for that one!)

Check it out! If you like romance and cowboys, this should most definitely be on your to-be-read list!