LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
A Touch of Greek  - Tina Folsom The philandering ways of Triton, Poseidon's son, have lead him to a punishment among the mortals. He must find a female to love him for his kindness, his generosity, all the qualities that he lacks. He quickly meets Sophie and attempts to seduce her- so sure that he will succeed. Until she refuses him... a god (though she does not know it.) He soon finds that no other woman holds such sway over his carnal nature and despite her initial refusal, that he cannot get her out of his mind...

Tina Folsom gives new interest to the Olympians- and as the old myths show them- still just as dramatic as any episode of As the World Turns (or any other soap opera.) But, this is not daytime TV. Graphic sexual scenes, day dreams... good stuff, but sometimes crass, language. Triton is one hot blonde god deserving of attention, but with an ego big enough to fill the oceans at the beginning of the book. He really grows through his attempts of wooing Sophia. Sophia, herself a mortal, is still not as strong as some heroines. She is sweet, distrusting, and has a horrid cousin. She still doesn't allow herself to be totally overpowered by an alpha male, and that is always refreshing.

I really enjoyed this charged PNR novel, and will most definitely continue with the series. This series does not disappoint, although there a few genuine surprises. It's a hot, steamy, but comfortable read. I'm interested to read the next one involving one of Triton's best friends, Dionysus.