LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Immortal Prophecy (The Immortal Prophecy Saga #1) - Samantha  Adams,  Kay Fry First, I want to give a big thank you to Samantha Adams and Kay Fry for allowing me to read and review their book. I was under no obligation to give it a good review...

Luckily for me, this is an engaging book. Alessandra is a refreshingly strong heroine, a private detective that has not let her past emotional trauma get in her way. James is also a drool-worthy hero and Scottish to boot.

After visiting a fortune teller as a teenager she gets a dire prediction that quickly blooms into a painful reality. Fast forward 5 years, and she is marked by her experience, but still thriving. Until her destiny crashes into her normal life, leaving everything off kilter in it's wake. Can Alessandra (Ally) accept her crazy new path in the world, and her connection with the mysterious James. A Scottish alpha man, practically a caveman in his thinking when it comes to Ally. A race hangs in the balance, will Ally master her fate and figure out the prophecy to save us all?

It was a real pleasure reading this book. The ability to get into everyone's head left no huge questions as to motive, everyone was an open book and that was so refreshing. I like the combination of supernatural characters in the book. It doesn't try to "explain" the creation of any of them, which is fine. The world is well created and explained in the "now"... what we need to know now about how the creatures are, and what to expect.

There were a few twists that a saw coming, and many that I did not. It was a comfortably paced with rich imagery of Scotland and male "eye candy" encouraging a quick enjoyment-filled read. There was only one thing I was wishing there was more of, although based on the characters and the story I understand why it was lacking: more steamy scenes. There were a few more innocent steamy scenes, but I was hankering for some hot Scottish physical loving, and left aching...

Overall, I relished the story and the characters. I give it a solid 4 stars and will most definitely be looking for book #2 to see if I might just get my wish....