LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
A Bite's Tale (A Furry Fable) - Veronica Blade This novella really is best described as a "furry fable." It was a lovely, fast read. It was so innocent and vivid, yet packed full of paranormal teenage angst. Very quickly, it sweeps you away into this charming urban fantasy.

Cydney Ella "Cinderella" met the boy of her dreams at 14. Jack is the prince of the kingdom, sneaking out to spend time with Cinderella but hiding his identity. Usually everyone knows he is Prince Remy, and he is treated differently, coddled. He had found simple human moments with Cinderella. However, their first kiss sends her over the edge, and unlocks the wolf she knew was waiting within her...

Take the very, very basic story line from Cinderella, and morph Cinderella into a werewolf, and the prince into a vampire. It takes the heart of the story and breathes new life and twists into the old tale. Despite it's shorter length, the world, the supernatural creatures, the characters - are all well explored and Veronica Blade's exquisite descriptive detail paints a world using every color in the box. Even the secondary characters are well established, and surprise the reader by revealing their true depth of their personality and emotions.

While it is vivid and enthralling, there were times I had wished there were more. While it may have been over more quickly than I wanted, it really brought a sense of "cleansing my reading pallet." It was just so sweet, it's nearly impossible to not be won over by the two characters, Cydny and Remy (Jack). It is a perfect novella to slip in between books to help clear the cobwebs that bad books can leave in your mind, or even just to help rejuvenate your faith in innocent yet attractive YA stories.

Overall, it is a light, witty, teen angst, supernatural angst love story... with fur, and fangs. I highly recommend a read to anyone!