LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Masquerade - Cambria Hebert I really enjoyed Masquerade. It was intriguing, and quite different to have a main character be so psychological scarred but still easy for the reader to identify with. Yes, she was a cheerleader, a trendsetter, a social butterfly... but that was before.

I was worried at first that the youthful voice of Heven might grate or turn into a pity party, but I really don't feel it did that. Masquerade manages to balance on that fine line of remaining true to a younger character but without the common side effect of alienating an older audience.

I found the story to be innocent but innovative. Honest. I am quite interested in continuing the series to see what the future holds. I have a few theories of my own on what may happen.

Quotes

"I took a minute to fully stare at it. In a way it was beautiful - scary as hell - but beautiful."

"The World Wide Web saves the day."

"I was surprised by the shot of gold that was like lightning through his whiskey-colored stare."

I found this book to be appropriate for all YA readers, even younger teens should be fine with the themes, subject matter, and level of violence. If you are an adult with a love for YA, this book should not disappoint your craving for angst.