LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Water (Akasha, #1) - Terra Harmony This is definitely an adult read. Many adult themes, situations, language, violence... you name it, it very well may be in there.

There was some especially uncomfortable moments in this book. I like the first book in the series overall, and am keen to read book 2, but not right away. It a disturbing book, but in an acceptable way. But I'm also a little disturbed at some of the review quotes of book 2...

Micah has a Daemon (from the Lux series) 'look' about him, but minus the attitude. But you never know if you can fully trust him. There are many a male eye candy that stalk across the pages, but their attitudes and motivations often seem suspect.

Don't pick this up expecting a HEA- it's a series, and while not a precarious perch on a cliffhanger, it does leave you longing to pick up book two... soon.

"It was as if they were moving in slow motion - how generous of them."

"Our eyes continued to play hide and seek, darting in for a quick look, then out again."

"I was resisting the urge to climb up him and ride him where he stood."

"Moronsayswhat?"

And did I mention steam... both good and bad steam. I know that sounds confusing- but it goes hand-in-hand with some very uncomfortable non-consensual physical moments. While it may steam your glasses at parts, others will leave you shuddering. This book is not for the timid.

"Crap. Dead kittens. Dead kittens. Dead kittens. It wasn't working."

This has got to be my absolute favorite line from the whole book:

"Yeah, buddy. I'm about to Hitchcock your ass."