LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Witchy, Witchy - Penelope King Innocent YA, light on the romance but heavy on the magic.

I always enjoy stories of witches, how cool would it be to have powers like that! I like some of the unique touches regarding their world, their power, and their enemies. It had a little Secret Circle kind of feel to it, a high school 'Charmed' air to it. Very light, easy YA reading.

Some of the twists and turns I was expecting- but there were more than a few that left me shocked. My mind kept trying to put pieces together, but the ultimate final ones I hadn't even found let alone figured it out.

No worries of a huge cliffhanger, but this book definitely is setting up the next in the series. There is no happily ever after for now, but it does not necessarily end unhappily either. There are many times I did question, however... why didn't this happen? Or why hadn't she shared that? Or why wasn't she taught this and that? But questions aside, I enjoyed the youthful voice of the book and let myself get swept away.

If you like light, paranormal, YA with vanilla romance and next to no 'hanky panky' then this book would be right up your alley. If you desire a little more spice, then you may want to pass on this.

"Every vital organ in my body froze instantly. He was, undoubtedly, the most remarkably handsome boy I had ever seen in my life. Any time, any place."

Em Pictures, Images and Photos

Well, my original (HAWT, FANTASTIC) photo was removed by photobucket, so this was just the best photgraphic representation similar to what is in my head for Nicholas. Love the name, by the way. Just imagine "Bright, crystal clear ice-green eyes"... *Swoon*

"Hello, abs!"