LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Dark Light of Mine - John Corwin

I love this series like fat kids love cake. I can't get enough! The ending of book 2 made my heart just melt.

Love, love, love!

He's won back Elyssa's heart and saved his Dad from rouge vampires; but just when Justin thinks he can ride off into the sunset on a white horse... Trouble literally comes knocking on his door... along with hellhounds.

Spawn relatives with their own agendas, vampires running amok, his father marked for death, and the football boys club breathing down his neck, it seemed there was no end to the kinds of monsters out to kill or capture him. It's almost enough to make him long for the days of man-boobs, Kings and Castles, and nerd status. With his 'impossible quest' list growing longer everyday, tracking down the deadliest assassin in the world may prove easier than winning the approval of Elyssa's parents.

With the clock ticking and dark forces on his heels, Justin gets a crash course into the mysteries and dangers of the Overworld. But with Elyssa by his side and his growing menagerie of friends, impossible odds suddenly seem possible again.

Takes off like a shot and never lets up. Dark Light of Mine left me weak in the knees and begging for book three. From the first chapter, it grabs you by the seat of your pants and thrusts you in the heart of the action while still giving small moments to "stop and smell the supernatural roses". And by the end, even my 'inner goddess' was fist pumping in the air and panting for more!

"What was it about women and crying that made me feel like crap? They must have guilt hormones."

"'Hop on my back if you want answers.' Did I really just say that?"

"I wanted to find a nice quiet spot, go to sleep, and dream about kittens."

"No wonder Edward was such a crazy driver," I muttered. "Who's Edward?" Elyssa asked. "You know, from Twilight?"

"Ready for your first lesson, cupcake?"

"Can I finish my blasted story? We'll get to supernatural Kindergarten later."

"Thanks." "For what?" "Using my name instead of calling me a thing."

I could fill up this thing with quotes all day long! If you read and enjoyed the first book, the sequel will not disappoint! Run out and get your own copy in July....