LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Pandora's Key (The Key Trilogy, #1) - Nancy Richardson Fischer This book did NOT end up like I expected at all. Not one bit- in a good way.

Some of the characters REALLY pissed me off. It is a good sign that the writing draws me in so much, that I start talking back to the book, "Oh, no- Bestie did NOT just say that!" I was honestly ready to throw my Kindle around I was so ticked off. You don't know why to trust, how deep the rabbit hole goes.

"Evangeline was feeling like Alice in Wonderland hurtling down the rabbit hole."

"I do love you," he whispered, feeling unbearably sad. "But there's not enough love in the world to keep me from killing you if you stand in the way of my survival."

Very unique story, I don't think I've read any before that focus on Pandora. Even the few stories I can think of that involve Gods (as in Greek/Roman: Zeus and the like)... usually they focus on the Gods themselves, or the 'demigods'. But it was an interesting take on the story. I'm still trying to decide why the story slightly deviated from the one I grew up with, where Pandora trapped Hope in her box.

What a mind-f*&ck! Seriously, like a conspiracy theory nut's wet dream.

"If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck... they're part of this thing, too."

I will definitely continue the series.

Very vanilla, YA, young romance- do not read this book expecting serious hanky-panky action.

"Raphe said I was beautiful and I believed him. I am such a pathetic cliche."

If you enjoy YA, and PNR/Urban Fantasy with some dark undertones a 'everyone IS out to get me' feel to it- RUN, don't walk and get your own copy!