LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Obsidian (Lux, #1) - Jennifer L. Armentrout Holy Hot Guys, Batman!

Wow, just WOW!

Okay- if you're reading this, either you've seen the glowing green eyes trying to drive you into a puddle of submission, you are a puddle of submission, or you've developed magically abilities that make you immune to the green-eyed, "holy trinity of hot boys" douche. I'm personally basking in the post-reading glow of Obsidian and Shadows firmly in Daemon's hot grasp. He can poke me anyday.

"He was probably the hottest guy I'd ever seen in real life, and he was a total douche. Go figure."

The humor that is woven through the story just adds another level of my love of this series. It's witty, youthful but still entrancing. And the little nearly hidden puns... oh they are little gems of laughter scattered throughout the book. The banter between Katy and Daemon creates this paradoxical desire for me to help Katy give in to one of those "close encounters of the b*$#h slap kind" while simultaneously wanting to see Katy and Daemon give in to their passion, turn it up to an 11 and blow up laptops everywhere.

"It even had a turret - a freaking turret. What was I supposed to do with that?"

"What do you mean by 'far, far away'? Because I'm suddenly seeing vision of the beginning of Star Wars."

I never, ever thought I'd say this- but how refreshing is it to not be reading about sparkly vampires? The fact that Katy is a reader and blogger, too... there are just SO many things that actually make me want to *Squee* about this book... and I don't *squee* as a rule. I just can't get enough of this series!

Photobucket