LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
The Iron Maiden - Resa Nelson I received a copy of this book for free from the author in exchange for an unbiased honest review.

The are more points of view (narrators) as compared to Book 1, The Dragonslayer Sword, in addition to and much darker themes. I wouldn't recommend this one for as young an audience as I did with the first. Religious fanatics, hint of rape, death, release... Astrid's journey is far different this time around.

Overall, in intriguing fantasy that builds a little more to the world with each installment in the series. The tone of the series seems to grow as Astrid grows. Just as she is truly putting her youth and former life behind, she must witness the darkness hidden in the world all along (by childhood innocence.)

More to come!