LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Onyx - Jennifer L. Armentrout Fantastic second book of the LUX series. Continues from book 1 seamlessly and leaves you begging and pleading for more! If you enjoyed Obsidian, then grab your bootstraps and hang on for more twists and turns than a 5-star roller coaster. JLA took an awesome beginning of a series, smeared it through awesomesauce, and turned it up to an '11'.

"Resistance is futile, Kitten."

Resistance IS futile against the charms of my favorite green-eyed alien asshat. I'll takes his cookies anyway he gives 'em to me! Daemon is just HAWT on a stick. He can poke me with his pen ANY day!

"Stop distracting me, Kitten. Back to my bet- by New Year's Day, you'll have admitted that you're madly, deeply, irrevocably, and irresistibly in love with me."

As to just if she wins or loses that bet, you'll have to read the story. Once again, I find Katy to be a capable heroine. Screw sitting back, being a 'weak human' liability; Katy grabs her destiny by the balls and puts on her 'big girl pants'. She isn't content to sit by the sidelines now that she knows the truth.

"Humping my leg like a dog in heat every time I'm around you doesn't prove you like me, Daemon."

As with the first book, Daemon and Katy flip back and forth from snapping at each others throats with razor sharp wit to melting into each others arms... and blowing up any nearby electronics.

"I could always give you a teaser."
"You bookish peaple love teasers, don't you?"

Do you have theories? Well throw those preconceived notions right out the window! I seriously doubt ANYONE will see this coming! But trust me, jump on this alien train and kiss goodbye any desire to do anything until you've savored the book all the way to its very last page!

"Why I hadn't crawled over the center console and into his lap yet? Because damn if I was wondering that very thing,"

Can you taste that? That's the sexual tension so thick in Onyx that it coats your tongue with a sugary sweetness to provide that perfect counterpart to Daemon's more bitter douchebag moments. Oh, yeah. Consider a change of skivvies a requirement for reading the book.

"Thick, sooty lashes his his eyes. They lifted and his lips spread into a grin. I was in so much trouble."

You may, too, be "in so much trouble", but missing out on this surprising, compelling series would be an even bigger tragedy.. of epic proportions. My post-reading glow is so bright, I might rival the brilliance of a Luxen!

I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for a honest, unbiased review.