LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1) - Samantha Towle Well, overall I give The Might Storm a solid 4 stars.

The first half of the book, I was not overjoyed with the situation or Tru's handling of it. Generally, she is not on any 'favorite character' list of mine. She needed to put on her big girl panties MUCH sooner than she did.

Jake... oh, Jake. He was so swoony I was able to look past Tru's shortcomings. He has issues, he's somewhat bossy, and he is an overconfident ass. I didn't feel his demanding, rock star personality to be unrealistic or unbelievable. And his moments of romance- although not a 'romantic' guy by his own estimation he really does have unbelievable panty vanquishing powers they just melt my heart.

The book is almost like two books in one. There's 'before' triangle and 'after' triangle. The 'before' was akin to the train wreck of a relationship in Beautiful Disaster. It make me cringe, but I couldn't stop reading. I found myself up WAY too late reading. On the other hand, it also frustrated me and drove me up the wall.

'After' was totally different. Still the same characters, essentially the same story but different obstacles were rearing their ugly head. Again, I felt frustrated with Tru's choices and how she handled everything. But, I had less problem with this section compared to the first. I also wish we got a little more details, or seen more of Jake's 'inner demons'. I was ultimately satisfied with the ending (although one part I say coming a mile away).

I would recommend this for anyone that likes 'sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll'; rich, handsome, alpha, damaged males; somewhat spicier romance; and a 'messy' love story. It's not all hearts and flowers, and easy love. It's downright volatile.