LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
The Moon Dwellers (The Dwellers, #1) - David Estes Hmm...I had to let this one sink in a bit.

Very City of Ember feel to it, but MORE everything.... more action, more romance, more back story, more violence... even more caves (I think!) And it's definitely an 'older' read than City of Ember. Very dark themes, and just the slightest smattering of young love.

"My heart is alive again. Because I see her."

I am always drawn to dystopian fiction, but have not read very much of it. So I can't proclaim how similar or dissimilar it may be to The Hunger Games... or many other books. If most dystopian novels are like this one, I really need to get cracking! You could really get a feel of a social statement being made about the world within it's pages, but it doesn't hit you over the head with the statement.

"I'm not sure what everyone's been smoking, but I want some - clearly it's good stuff."

You really want to root for Adele and Tristan, you want everything to work out for them. It's easy to connect to the characters, and wish you could be there beside them to help their lofty goals to better their world.

"No matter how much I try to wish it all away, my past is the zit that you pop, watch bleed, watch heal, only to see poking from your skin again a week later."

"Me, the queen of sarcastic comments - self-declared - has been outsarcastified."

"In reality, he's never so much as negotiated a turd from his butt."

"I don't particulary like confrontation. Unfortunately, confrontation seems to like me"

"I've had some strange requests in my life, but this one takes the cake (if we had cake, that is)."

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself... there are SO many wonderful little gem of quotes in this book! I laughed, I cried (well at least got misty-eyed), I said "NO!", I gasped... it really takes you, wraps you up into this strange new world, and sweeps you away into the story. I cannot recommend this enough!

"Belly flop time."