LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Sweet Blood of Mine: Book One of the Overworld Chronicles (Volume 1) - John Corwin For this review, I need my special pimp hat.
*Alana pulls out a purple Fedora with a long striped feather*

First, a little background on the story…
Justin is not you average HS boy playing football, instead the words nerd, and man-boobs come to mind... but then trouble begins with his family, and then his friends... next thing you know, he's no-man's-land at school except for the Goth crowd. He decides enough is enough, and starts to make changes.

But just as he's started, he meets this smoking hot chick at the gym. She's all 'come hither, Justin' attitude until she attacks him. She's not human. After experiencing a killer migraine, suddenly he starts developing strange powers. It's like he has this ‘panty dropping power’ on any female he comes across, something every hormonal boy should want but not Justin. He's a hopeless romantic.

He has to figure out what is happening to him, even though it seems everyone else knows the rules of the game while he’s still looking for his scorecard. Can he figure out the world he’s found himself thrust into before others track him down and do worse than make him their plaything?

I. Loved. This. Book.
This is a fast, fun read that left me aching for the sequel. Sweet Blood of Mine is fantastic for adults and young adults alike! Justin transforms before the reader's eyes; starting as a shy nerd needing a "Man-zier" to seducing every female (including the readers) into jelly at his feet. SBoM manages to remain innocent and romantic, but enough ‘action’ to steam your glasses.

It's laugh out loud funny and I highly recommend it to ANYONE who enjoys paranormal romance/urban fantasy

You simply MUST read this book. You may say, “But I don’t read YA.” SBoM is the YA that everyone should read, even those that don’t usually read YA. Take a chance, and I promise you will not be disappointed! SBoM rolls awkward teenage drama with supernatural shenanigans, adds a few ninja moves, and Princess Bride references (you know you love it). John Corwin adds such wit to this story; it keeps you laughing from the first sentence. Corwin’s writing style reminds me of the Dresden Files and Iron Druid Chronicles because of his laugh-out-loud humor that seems to captivate the reader. You’ll be drawn in by the humor and then the story will create a craving that can’t be satisfied until you’ve finished the last page.

Overall, Sweet Blood of Mine is a hilarious, enthralling urban fantasy that will knock your knickers off and leave you quivering for more!