LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Shadowborn - Jocelyn Adams Overall, I really like the series. It's not too often you can stumble across a new 'gem' of a series that seems to have so many genres all rolled into one. A little fantasy, some urban fantasy thrown in, a dash of dystopian, a healthy serving of romance, sprinkle in some magic, weave in dark mystery, and add some adventure... viola! Shadowborn!

I really enjoy the fact that readers are not left on the precipice of a huge cliffhanger. Shadowborn gives you a HEA or at least a HFN. Fae, elves, and selkies- oh my! It was wonderful including even more races and 'other' than human in this book. It really rounds out the world building and adds more depth and layers to the history behind the book and the characters.

I would not consider this a stand alone book; it's best if read after The Glass Man. One of the only things I had an issue with- and this is entirely my hang-up on this - fae saying "thank You" Umm... kinda scary (to me at least). But that one little hang-up of mine should not be any kind of reason to pass up reading this series.

Entire series so far is a solid 4 and even a smidgen over. Recommended for adult audiences only, but not excessive (no bow-chicka-bow-wow bad 70's music but not ideal for high school.) It didn't bother me one bit, but there is adult language in the book as well. I thought it was well placed and added to Lila's character and demeanor.

Snarky! Very snarky, and I liked the overall attitude of Lila. She's a kindred spirit and easy to care about.

"Well, wasn't that just craptacular?"

Lila Gray just cracks me up and absolutely makes me root for her. Go, Lila, Go! Kick butt and take names!