LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Playing With Fire - Tamara Morgan I received an eBook from Entangled Publishing in exchange for a free review. My thoughts are my own and I did not receive any compensation for my review.

I found this book to be a short, easy read. It was slightly spicy and is definitely not meant for kids. It had this intriguing X-Man thing going on... and I loved that aspect of it. The 'back-story' was well explained (I thought) without dwelling too much on it and deviating from the story. I have to admit, if I had been given the chance and money to afford such a thing, I would have been in line to get a shot myself!

Before I forget, I have to mention... one of the best openings ever. I can't help myself, I just have to share this funny opening bit:

"I should have opted for the boob job."

Trust me, it totally makes sense once you start reading the story. But right there, starts you off with the sarcastic humor- I had a smile on my face reading this!

"Three-headed kittens spewing out of his mouth couldn't have been more surprising."

I really wished it was longer. That was probably one of the 'black marks' against it... just as I was really getting comfortable with the characters and attached to them, it was over. This book could easily be made into a series, should the author choose to do so. Nice little read, not knock-me-over fabulous, but enjoyable.

One aspect I really liked was the fact that we got to see more than just one point of view. It was nice being able to 'get inside the head' of both main characters. Although how sleazy was Patrick... ewwww.... he was definitely a 'bad guy' I wanted to see slapped and knocked down a few pegs. And what an absolutely stupid, useless, and disgusting 'gift'.

If you are looking for a sassy, fun, spicy little read with a paranormal persuasion, than look no further than Playing with Fire!