LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Reflected in You - Sylvia Day First off, let me tell anyone out there... these are "f"d up individuals. If you like the first book, you will like the second. It may not seem that way through the book... most of the book, in fact. Friends that had read it already said the same thing. Until you reach nearly the end, it's a toss up on if you'll ultimately like it. BUT... there's always a 'but'... stick with it. There is redemption, even if it's nearly the last page.

Don't read this expecting light and fluffy. It reminds of Beautiful Disaster, but for a majority of the book I had trouble finding the beauty part in Eva and Gideon's relationship. It is there. Buried under a mountain of... you know I don't even know what it's buried under, but it's sure hidden. Really well.

It's an emotional roller coaster, made me want to nearly swear off alpha male books for a while... but the end. It makes EVERYTHING worth it. EVERYTHING. I found it well written, and the intricacies of the plot and Day's ability to redeem all of that was amazing. There was only one minor, probably personal dislike - shattered and shredded. Those particular two words were repeated far too often for my liking. There were more 'catch phrases' that were repeated, "rinse and repeat" and "revise and revisit" and I had no problem with those. Like I said- it was likely just a personal 'thing' of mine.

If you like broken characters, trying to find love and romance (and lot of sex) with a really well woven plot and a roller coaster ride for your emotions- the buck stops here. Get the book, read it all the way through, and you too will see how amazing it is. I really didn't think I'd like it, even 80% through the book, but trust me. By the end, you'll be clamoring for book 3 and smacking yourself for not 'seeing' everything sooner.