LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Edge of Disaster (An Edge Novel, #1) - A.M. Hargrove A lovely romance with Middlegasms!

This is one of those, 'feel-good', fun, flirty romances that is a fast read. The characters are not perfect, but not so damaged that it feels like a session in therapy to read. Edge of Disaster is a wee bit 'fast' on the romance (aka insta-love... or almost,) but sometimes, that's just the type of book you need. Right?

I do want to clarify... I still would not consider this to be a 'fluff' romance. It does have some darker moments, some scary-type situations. It's not all romance and flowers and candles. There is some actual conflict and trauma that Alexia must overcome. Heck, the beginning of the book starts with examples of her downward spiral and walk of shame. I like how it's still seated in reality and not entirely glossed over to make 'real life' seem perfect.

The chemistry must be mentioned... combustible, smoldering, get-your-seat-wet steam. I will also never again look at a diamond tennis bracelet in quite the same way (who knew it could be a sex toy?) It was very titillating and worth the read just for the between the sheets action.

The only thing that stops me from going to 5 stars... honestly I wanted more. More steam, more romance, more conflict, more everything. It was entertaining and enjoyable as is, but I think more of everything would have turned that knob up to an '11'.

I still HIGHLY recommend running out to get your own copy, and see the man splendor that is Pearce.