LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Undercover Professor - December Gephart Thank you to NetGalley and December Gephart for allowing me to read this book. I did not receive any compensation for my review. Overall, this book just squeaked by with a 4♥'s rating. Fast, easy read with unique characters, but left a little longing in more details and character background.

The romance and overall story was a little different than what I've read this year, which was nice to see something different. I'm almost surprised at the variety of characters offered to us in this book. Initially I thought I would hate the vapid cousin, but was quite endeared to her by the end. Andy/Drew was a change of pace from the regular alpha male. Gamer/professor/player that is working undercover for research meets Lucy. Poor Lucy is just overflowing with horror show stories of her past relationships... girl never caught a break! Seriously, imagine the WORST story of 'ex's that you have ever heard and multiply that by 50. It's that bad. While her train wreck of a past drew me to sympathizing with Lucy, I still was left wanting to know and understand more. Even beyond Lucy, there are interactions and scenes skipped in the book or just skimmed over that I wish were included. The romance is hot and quick with humorous obstacles along the way.

In this particular case I feel I should mention the cover. While I like the cover, and it contributed to my interest in this book, after reading I do not feel it quite matches the story. I was envisioning a more of a Jax from Sons of Anarchy, facial hair, sloppy gamer look for the guy. He's hot, but 'undercover' so he's not really all clean shaven until maybe the very end.

I will say that I sucked this down in one afternoon, which is always a good sign. The characters and story did grab me enough to make me want to keep turning pages until I got to their HEA.