LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Beautiful Creatures - Margaret Stohl, Kami Garcia Hmmmm... barely made 4 stars... by the skin of it's teeth.

You could easily cut 200 pages, without affecting the story at all. While the flowery description is nice, there is just too much 'book' dragging down the story, IMO. It was an interesting 'take' on supernatural... but there were still several questions left that I don't think were intended to be left after finishing the book.

I can totally see this being a great movie (if it's done right.) I'm always a 'fan' of 'the book is always better than the movie'... but in this case I think the movie has the opportunity to surpass the book. It's so flowery with the descriptions, and gratuitous with the dialogue... it almost reads like a script anyway.