LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Through the Lens (Through the Lens, #1) - Shannon Dermott This really took my by surprise. I've loved many of the other books written by Shannon Dermott, so when I saw this new title available (last year) I bought it with some of my Christmas Amazon gift cards. I'm so glad I did, and wished I hadn't waited so long to read it.

It is a less steamy YA story, revolving around Jessa (Jessica) an identical twin that recently lost weight and is finding herself, trying to fit in to her surroundings. That description really doesn't do this book any favors, does it. I'll do better- but the bulk of the review will have to wait until I'm a little better and have more time.

The story kept me guessing in many respects. While there are more archetypical elements (the 'bad' boy, the 'movie' star) I really felt each character broke out of the mold assigned to them. It's like a favorite, soft flannel, you put it on because you know it's comfortable and warm; the seemingly stereotypical characters are relaxing, and draw you into the story.

I really loved some of the characters, Allie totally gave me that 'celebrity' thrill.
It's like an updated, good Sweet Valley High meets ... I don't know maybe Dawson's Creek and maybe a dash of old school Christopher Pike. I may not be able to define it well, but it was good. I'll actually give it 4½♥'s.