LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Losing It - Cora Carmack I was buying everything this book was selling, lot, stock, and barrel. I reveled in it, loved every second of it. Check out below for some of the fun coincidences that connected me to the book. (Not like the author knew me or anything, but there were multiple correlations between Bliss and I, so it was easy to identify with her.)

Okay... weird correlation fact #1. I was a theater major at a Texas school. Neat, right? So ALL the 'theater' stuff- been there, done that, have the T-shirt. And I did acting and backstage stuff as well... although I was nowhere near as talented as Bliss is described. But still TOTALLY added to my enjoyment!

Weird fact #2 that connects me to Bliss: I got burned by a motorcycle, too. Nothing nearly as 'hot' as her situation. Mine involved my best friend's father and my ankle getting pressed (accidentally) against the tailpipe of the bike (twice) while it was running... and I wasn't able to get medical attention for it for over an hour. So, yeah, I had blisters and second degree burns. But still- not an everyday thing to have in common with a character!

Kinda weird correlation to Bliss #3... umm... maybe it has to do with theater/drama, but the big kissing session. Now I've played spin the bottle, not a big stretch, but for some bizarre reason there was this one theater girl friend (literally she was a girl, and a friend) that we would specifically kiss each other as greeting just to drive her boyfriend nuts. Well, him being my best friend's ex may have added to my glee in kissing his girlfriend. But yeah... there's something there about theater and 'different' social and kissing interactions.

Now, only if I had some hot, British teacher/professor to pounce on. But alas, not in the cards for me as it was for Bliss. And the "V" card thing... I'm not going to touch that with a 10 foot pole, but let's just say similarities ended before we even got there.

I know this is a book has a mixed bag in the way of reviews, but for me it was just what the doctor ordered and I SUCKED it down in one day, nearly one sitting. Started it on a whim early afternoon, finished it somewhere are 2am. (granted 2am is 'officially' the next day, but I didn't go to sleep yet, so I'm considering it as 1 day for this reason.)

I loved it, and would give it 4½♥'s. Was definitely worth the purchase for me, but some of that could be some of my personal quirks that seemed similar to Bliss.