LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Hyde (Hyde, #1) - Lauren Stewart This left me perplexed... it's really difficult for me to rate it. Originality, just that fact that it is different does indeed deserve 5♥'s. The fact that I wanted to keep reading (it was a page-turner) also is worth 5♥'s. So two REALLY good things right there.

Choices that characters made (just my opinion) were at maybe a 3♥. My anger level while reading (if angriest=lowest number) was around a 2♥ level. There were moments where I absolutely wanted to reach through my Kindle and choke the characters. But, despite my anger, many like for a book to elicit such strong responses in the reader.

OKAY... I think I've finally decided... 3½♥'s is my 'official' rating, but since someone doesn't allow ½♥'s (yes, I'm looking at you GoodReads) I will round up. It was a tough call... a really tough call on if I would round up or round down. I do want to continue the series, and I think that was one of the biggest catalysts on how to score.

Edit I've mulled this over some more, and time has softened my initial gut reactions and sharp emotions... I am comfortable sticking with a 4♥'s on this. I already have the sequel and intend to read it, and that says alot right there.