LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed Series #6) - Lara Adrian It's with a heavy heart that I give this 3♥'s. I'd go as high as 3½♥'s, but I couldn't round up in this case. I wanted to because of the previous books, Andreas has been among my favorite characters (though not 'officially' in the Order) but his snark and sass seemed absent. All the 'fun' bits I enjoyed were sorely missing. The plot of the book allows and explains this, but I still found myself craving his earlier books sparkle.

I'll still continue the series, and this really sets up future conflict nicely. Anyone who's a fan of the series will likely still enjoy this installment, but it just missed it a little with me.