LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
True - Erin McCarthy My inner geek had several 'nergasm' moments while reading. Like how often do you run across human variation sexual instinct theories in your everyday book? I was able to connect to Rory's geeky mind and anyone who loves 'bad boys should have zero problem falling for Tyler. He's definitely got a man-whore, bad boy allure.

But... there's always a 'but'... I did have a few bones to pick with this book. Bone #1: the end. Fear not, though it seems to be headed for cliffhanger city, you will get your dose of HEA... but it's a really, really short dose. Like blink, and it's gone, and you're back in a cliffhanger. For all the build-up and mind-boggling sequence of events, it felt like the HEA was a hastily placed band aid to stem the flow of my unhappiness. Like, I just got wham-bam-thank-you-mam'd by a HEA. Not what I want my ending to do to me. No drink, no dinner, it just stuck it to me. Bone #2... while I would not consider this a 'repeat' or a carbon copy of other romances, it still had elements of many popular romances. It's like going through a romance grocery store and grabbing a little bad boy from Beautiful Disaster, a little life situations from Slammed, a little 'V-card' brouhaha from Losing It... do you see where I'm going with this. It is unique from all those romances, but does include really visible (to me) inspirations from other works.

I think, ultimately, it is a good, solid romance. If you were a fan of Crash, Slammed, Beautiful Disaster, and Easy, then this should be up your alley. If the above books are on your least favorite list... you may want to pass on this. I found it satisfying, if a bit abrupt; if the series were continued (not sure if it's intended as a stand-alone or series beginner) I will want to read other books in this storyline.

An ARC was given to me by Penguin Group via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.