LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Kissing Fire  (An Edge Novel #3) - A.M. Hargrove I want to thank A.M. Hargrove for allowing me to be included in the beta read, it was fun! I have since re-read the final edited version so my review is based upon that reading (not the beta).

Outside of one of A.M. Hargrove's other books ([b:Dark Waltz|16130956|Dark Waltz (Praestani, #1)|A.M. Hargrove|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1352134504s/16130956.jpg|21956457]) this is my favorite to-date adult book written by her. It was humorous and snarky at times, self-deprecating characters, and oh-la-la steam. Her characters are refreshingly real and imperfect, having their own hand ups and haunted pasts. Preston is an empty DEA agent that has given everything for his career. Avery, despite being raised in the Middleton family and wealth, always feels she is too much or not enough... too fat, not beautiful; even worse, nearly getting raped by Little Dicky. She's done, and ready to move away and into her own life.

Hands down, Melissa wins the award for quirkiest side character, ever. Female sumo wrestler? I had to Google it, seriously. *Shudder* They are out there. Maybe even with Ronald McDonald hair. *Shudders again, then snorts and laughs* Melissa adds a whole new level of fun to the book.

*Bang* Did I mention action? *Purr* And purring... and guns, drug cartels, skiing, tattoos, piercings - it's got a little bit of so many things, you're bound to see something you like. But beware the sumo wrestler and her scream down the mountain!

Overall, I found it to be a really enjoyable romance with extra bonus elements (including a possible raise in temperature...)

I received an ARC for free in exchange for my honest opinion.