LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
If You Stay - Courtney Cole I liked it. A solid 4 ♥'s, it was interesting and had it's moments, but it wasn't great or even a huge stand-out. While I did enjoy the story, and would continue the series (since it's marked as Beautifully Broken #1) I don't know that I'd want to keep this in my re-read rotation.

If You Stay had some hot moments, sweet moments, "f"-ed up moments... and there was at least one gross-out shudder moment. It does tackle problems with drugs, so be prepared for that as a reader. It's important to the story, but does not glorify drugs. That is one of my personal doubts with the story. It's not that I think someone can't be 'resistant' to being physically dependent on drugs, but even with some natural resistance to them, I would still think it would be more difficult to shake off old habits than it was.

Overall, I thought it was a nice contemporary romance. I rooted for the couple, and wanted to know more about them. The final darkness behind the hero ended up being far darker than I anticipated. So if you like damaged, hot, rich guys and somewhat opposites attract romance, and can handle darker subjects and drug use- pick this up because you may end up loving it. I could see this being a 5♥ read for some, it just wasn't quite there for me.

I received a copy of this book for free via NetGalley in exchange for my opinion.