LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Ever Shade (A Dark Faerie Tale, #1) - Alexia Purdy Please say this will be a series!

Thought I was going to 'fall' for one character, and ended up smitten with another. And boy, oh boy, was there eye candy to go around. This is the type of fae story I just love- getting swept up suddenly in fae (events, culture, people- anything and everything fae) involving equal amounts of good and bad. They may be all magical and powerful, but there is a dark edge even in some of the seemingly most innocent offers.

I really, really enjoyed it. Younger readers can pick this up without being exposed to overly adult themes. It's like a dark fae story mixed with some old school Tolkien. Almost a Labyrinth feel to it (and I LOVE Labyrinth.) It was witty, and easy to follow, and easy to keep the menagerie of characters separate.

"Illarial sure had a way with comforting others; she was like walking Xanax."

"I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her boney, pointy body."

"Nothing about Sylphi made her feel warm and fuzzy. The girl radiated cold like an open window."

"It already had been a long day for her. And it's only the butt crack of dawn."

I actually keep checking every few days since I finished wondering- if book two out yet? Sadly, it's not, at least the last time I checked. This is a YA book I would offer to my 12 year old son and read alongside him. If you like urban fantasy- but HEAVY on the fantasy, and enjoy YA I would most definitely recommend reading this book!