LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Dare You To - Katie McGarry Officially, my rating is 4½♥'s. There was just something I can't quite name at this time that was holding it back... no wait. I know what it was... I'll get back to that point.

If you are a fan of [b:Pushing the Limits|10194514|Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)|Katie McGarry|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1322770025s/10194514.jpg|15093690], then this is really a no-brainer. Yes, this story does not revolve around Noah and Echo, but they do have cameos. And you may balk at Beth, but I really understood her so much better, and liked her so much better after reading this book.

Why it fell short of a full 5♥'s. The bedroom action... granted, this is one of those borderline YA/NA and there is more than enough 'other' stuff (drinking, drugs... after all, this is a story about teenagers.) But the aftermath of the love scene really disappointed me. It wasn't bad, I just wasn't as enamored with that part. In addition to that, one of the things I loved so much about Pushing the Limits was how big a role the teacher played. This is a different story, so obviously not everything is going to be the same. But the 'teacher' role in this was understated and underwhelming.

Please, please, don't get me wrong, I still LOVED this book. It even gave me a book hangover of sorts where I just haven't found the right book to start reading after this. Doesn't happen very often, and I have to give props to accomplishing that.

I received an ARC via NetGalley in exchange for a honest review.