LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Sins & Needles - Karina Halle For anyone that has seen Joe vs. the Volcano, you may recognize this, "I have no response to that." I'm just flabbergasted. I haven't decided if that's a good thing or not. Regardless, this book demands 5♥'s. It's dark, and somehow eloquent in the roughest way possible and just engaging.

The whole book I was flip-flopping on how I felt about Camden and Ellie. I hated Ellie at first. Really hated her. Camden, hell with those tats and that specimen of manhood, I think my imagination ran away at his first page. And then he pissed me off, like I wasn't sure he could be redeemed pissed me off. And then the world shifted. Suddenly I'm hip deep in their train wreck of events and rooting for them. Characters I hated (at one point at least for each) I was picking up my mental pom-poms and cheering.

I mentioned it's dark, right? Like dark black velvet sky in the desert at night, it too has thousands and millions of sparkling points of light: hope, love, passion, obsession, revenge, regret, justification, acceptance. If you can look past, and in between the dark, it has a raw beauty.

It has just plain addled my mind. "I have no response to that." I can't wrap my head around it and even decide if I liked it or not. But I want to read more, so that's something.

From On Every Street by Dire Straits

"And even victory has a taste that's bittersweet."