LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Tangled - Emma Chase I'm not sure if I'm done fiddling with the stars. I really want to give this 4½♥'s, and can't decide which way to go... 4 or 5? Many have compared this to Wallbanger and Beautiful Bastard. I can see those correlations, but I have another odd one to throw in. For anyone that has seen the show Burn Notice, you'll know what I'm talking about, where Michael Weston regularly has mental 'asides' for the camera and the audience's benefit. That same technique and tone immediately came to mind, so much so that I was using Jeffrey Donovan's voice from that show as a mental narrator for the entire book:

description

Michael Weston is like a 'spy' version of Drew Evans. Despite being different characters, they have that same cocky confidence and just ooze charm. Drew is one of those 'Think-he's-God's-Gift-to-Women-Everywhere'... him taking a girl to bed is doing the girl a favor. There is a fine line, and he's pretty much crossed into man-whore territory.

There have also been many discussions on the 'authenticity' of the male narrator voice. To me, I've met people like that. I bought it as honest. The male mind is a strange place, glad I could visit but equally glad I don't live there.

Just the electric fighting and attraction and drinks flying... it's worth it just for that if nothing else. I had a smile on my face during most of my reading, but chuckles were a harder sell. I did still highlight many, many passages. Tons. He has a very charismatic voice.

Definitely worth a read, and to be added to my re-read list. But Wallbanger is better ('in my book').