LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Hunted - Luke Daniels, Kevin Hearne 4½♥'s

If you love the series, what is stopping you? Hunted does NOT disappoint and throws more than a few curve-balls!

Atticus, Atticus, Atticus... what is UP with pissing off all the gods, and I do mean darn near ALL of them. Well, I suppose with them taking offense at the drop of a hat, there's just no hope for it. Must not forget a shout out to my favorite hound, Oberon, you deserve a sausage of the month club for being such a clever boy! I'm totally using the 'Shepherd's Pie' thing in real life, be aware of that now.

We've already reached the sixth book in the series now, haven't we? It seems like just yesterday I stumbled across book one and two in my local library and took a chance. Tattooed, snarky Druid... Where do I sign up? Best 'talking' dog ever... Well slap my *bleep* and call me Sally! I loved them from the very first book and have eagerly followed the story of the highly persecuted druid. Add the new feminine, but still 'fierce' druid and I'm in reader heaven... or wasn't there free beer in Irish Paradise? Could there be an Irish Reader's Paradise? *Here's hoping*

I do have to say, I loved it, I really did. I feel the overall story across the series has been cohesive and Hunted was a great addition. The reader gets tastes of Granuaile as a narrator on occasion, which was an interesting change in voice. But beware, this series must be read in order or you will run across ginormous spoilers with big pointy teeth. While I do find the plot original and fresh, the intensive running, chasing, and the *my eyes- I can't unsee that!NONONO* moment. I guess I was just feeling a little desperate, I mean how much bad karma can one druid have? Tons. Tons and tons of the worst luck roll ever. He may as well be wearing a red Star Trek uniform and have a target painted on his back.

There was happily much of Oberon in this installment; between you and me I think Oberon is what makes this entire series. He's the 'Shepherd's Pie' (see I warned you now about using that, didn't I?) Playful banter, more gods than you can shake a stick at, fierce fighting, profound observations, manticores, and even a meat heist, what's not to love? And while there is some romance, overall it's not a 'kissing book'. There's just not really enough time for that, you see.

I will leave you with my favorite quote (and explanation of 'Shepherd's Pie')

"'Do you perhaps mean pi, the mathmatical symbol?'
No, Atticus, I mean shepherd's pie. I'm not going to confuse that with math. Shepherd's pie is delicious and desirable, and math is not."