LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Darkness of Light (Darkness, #1) - Stacey Marie Brown Anyone that has followed my reading tastes can probably see a pattern emerging: if there is a 'bad boy' douchebag (especially riding a motorcycle) and it involves fae and it's a YA... can we say, 'Right up my alley?' Eli has me in his clutches from the word, "No."

I found myself really connecting with Ember. "She was scared of me-most of the school was." Kind of a sad thing to have in common with a character, but I actually had most of my Jr.High scared of me for my preferred genre in reading (among other things, but that's another story.) I really was rooting for her, and angry when it seemed like the world was out to get her.

Many aspects of the plot kept me guessing (even up to nearly the end), but there were some things you could see coming. That was probably the biggest reason for the loss of a star - so many things, here and there, reminded me of this book, or that character. Can you say love triangle? Also, just a personal preference, but Jimmeny Cricket, what is up with all these cliffhanger books? Seriously, there needs to be author intervention. Yes, it draws (or maybe demands) the reader to want book 2, but you're killing me here! *Rabble, rabble, cliffy endangering the life of my Kindle*

No idea who to trust, but can't help but love those bad boys!

Favorite Quotes:

"How I loved the comments. As if I didn't know I had two different colored eyes. One of these days, I was going to respond with, 'Oh how embarassing. Did I leave the house with my eyes not matching again?"

"He's not my type, but there's really a presence about him, huh? Something you can't explain - a raw, sexual essence. A guy wose boxers you want to stay permanently on your floor."

"'Oh, Holy Hotness Batman!' Ryan's gaze was directed out the window at Eli. 'I don't know why you'd want to hang out with us when you have playmates like him at this school.'"

Book provided by the Author through PNR NaUBA group Author/Reader Exchange