LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Loving Liberty - Belinda Boring 4½ Brilliant Stars, Hearts, and Mystery Shots!

description

I have to be 100% honest here, I was expecting a 'fluff romance'. Now, to me, there is NOTHING wrong with a fluff romance. There are times where that was exactly what the Doctor ordered. I couldn't have been farther from the truth when it came to Loving Liberty. It was far deeper, more emotional, and darker than anything I had anticipated. I loved each and every moment, and wanted (oh-so-badly) to jump into the pages and help corrupt Liberty a bit.

I was so emotionally invested in this book, I shook with fury and had to put my Kindle down and walk away for a 'chapter break'. I was worried not coming from the same background as Liberty might create a barrier to feeling sympathy. Once again, totally wrong. If anything, it really opened my eyes. 'The grass is always greener on the other side' until I read Liberty's story. That is some dead, trampled, ugly, poisoned grass that's just been glossed over with expensive green paint to hide it's true nature.

I gasped, I railed, I misted up, I gripped my Kindle in a vice of death, I didn't want the story to end! And color me surprised, a relatively 'clean' romance (but don't mistake that as meaning a YA story, this is NOT a book for kids)... I left this smut lover stunned at how much I loved this very 'vanilla' romance.

Throw away your preconceived notions of the allure of the 'it' crowd and that 'upper class' old money crowd. You know, never mind, it doesn't matter if you throw them away or not. I can't imagine anyone not falling for the innocence, romance, and incredible hardship and bravery found in these pages. I just can't express enough how amazed I was by Loving Liberty.

I received an ARC from Belinda Boring in exchange for an unbiased, honest review. My thoughts are my own, and I received no monetary gain for my review.