LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1) - Laini Taylor, Khristine Hvam Wow. Just Wow.

I'm a little misty right now... I didn't really expect how much I would love this. This also had the pleasure of being my first ever audio book. A little goofy at first, getting used to 'hearing' someone else do character voices and what-not. But I ended up loving it so much, when I went to the Days of Starlight and Blood book signing, I couldn't help but 'hear' Zuzzana (... please forgive me now- hearing the names rather than seeing them in print, I have NO IDEA how to spell the little bad boys) but I heard/imagined the narrator's voice speak for Zuzanna when Laini read an excerpt.

I'm glad I have the sequel and will have to find a way to squeeze it in to my upcoming reading.

It's a darker tale, and a darker series. It does have mature themes, but is not overly graphic in a negative sense. The imagery of writing... it makes my knees weak it's so good. I've actually had the privilege of visiting Prague... and she has captured the 'flavor' of the city so well. I could almost smell the bakeries, pubs, and the breeze carrying the smell of the river across the city; I could feel the cobblestone streets beneath my feet. It was breathtaking and mesmerizing how vivid the descriptions were, and how the story was woven so tightly together.

I would recommend this to anyone that enjoys urban fantasy, and a 'different' take on angels.

And, hands down... to this very day, I have one phrase that I will never get out of my head (and I wouldn't want to because I love it) ... "inessential penises." Laini Taylor, you rocked my world!