LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Shudder - Samantha Durante 4♥'s and a smidgen extra.

I'm having trouble wrapping my head around all the revelations, and questions Shudder contained. Yet another noodle warp. However, I will note that due to this story, I knew the world building would begin anew as if Stitch did not provide set up. Stitch really did set it up, but like Neo found out in the Matrix, that rabbit hole is one freaky mother.

I do wish the romance aspect of the story would have been played up a little more. I understand the reason behind it and there were moments... I think I've just been spoiled on romance with grand gestures. While the world building in Stitch (#1 in series) all added into the tasty morsel of a book, somehow the recipe wasn't quite the same for Shudder. I guess I was too eager to get to the 'meat' of the story and wanted to speed past some parts. I was surprised, confused, hopeful, frustrated, elated, and flabbergasted at times while reading Shudder. That is a sign right there. Any book that can give you some sort of emotional roller coaster (but not a traumatizing one,) is definite re-read material.

It MUST be mentioned, however, the end (once again) cliffhanger city, but it didn't leave me angry. On the contrary, I'm clamoring for more but willing to be patient for the story to have the time it needs to floor me! It's a solid sequel to the first book, and will garner gasps at moments. Button down the hatches, and take the plunge with this series!

I received a free eBook from Samantha Durante via CBL tours in exchange for an honest review.