LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Wallbanger - Alice Clayton Delightful, enchanting, titillating, and funny. I loved every single solitary second... so much so, that I ended up staying up ALL NIGHT LONG just to finish this in one sitting. It was that good, and hot, and Oh God, Simon! *Thump*Thump*Thump*

Sorry, lost control there for a second. Not wait, I'm not sorry because this book made me scoff in the face of the Sandman with a, "I can sleep when I'm dead, but simply MUST keep reading this book!" As much as I love those 'damaged character' romances, how refreshing is it to have some 'real' people who don't have huge dark pasts, ginormous commitment issues, or some other significant dysfunction.

There are certain touches in the book that seem to pay homage to other romances I enjoyed. Caroline's inner monologue and searches for her long lost "O" seemed to mimic the best parts of Ana's "Inner Goddess"; the more crass language at times and the serendipitous comedic plot twists remind me of the Chocolate Lovers series; and the humorous innuendo text messages between Simon and Caroline remind me of both 50 Shades and Easy (elements that I thought were among the high points in those books). Now, don't misunderstand me, I am not saying this book is 'like' 50, or Easy, or Seduction and Snacks, I am saying that certain aspects Wallbanger reminded me in some way or gave me the same feeling those other books.

Clive, you sneaky little pussy, you! How often can you fall for a guy and a cat all in one book? Not nearly often enough, I say. I was smitten with everything this book had to offer.

If I can borrow a scene from a movie mentioned in the book, it fully personifies how I feel about this book:

description

Link to Video in Case Above Doesn't Work

I'll most definitely have what she's having! I want to get some great meatball, and great jaw, and great woo, and great hi-there against my hoohah!

*Update 7/24/13 Re-read*
STILL gives great Woo, great Jaw, great Meatball, and I'll even add: great Pussy. Don't knock it till you've tried it. Still a fabulous 5♥ read that will remain on my re-read list!