LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Dread Nemesis of Mine: Book Four of the Overworld Chronicles (Volume 4) - John Corwin Once again, even a re-read has blown me away. At book four in the Overworld Chronicles, any reader can fear not and rejoice; each book seems to gain speed, staying just as action-packed as the last! My inner nerd gets to wallow in the Princess Bride, and other various 'geeky' references. Still love this series like fat kids love cake!

With Justin's innate ability to sway others (against all odds) into not only agreeing with him, but also forming a rag-tag 'family' of supers, he continues on his quest to search for his sister and solve the riddle of foreseeance 4311. In D&D terms, his luck and/or charisma role must be off the charts, but his child-like way of looking at the 'Overworld' that many other supernaturals take for granted give Justin an innocence and endearment. He's like the ultimate YA supernatural underdog you just can't help but root for.

Tendrils of plot laid out even in book #1, Sweet Blood of Mine, continue to weave to a heart-pumping tale with further complications and revelations. So basically, just as you think you have a handle on what is going on, and how it might play out, a ginormous vampling horde runs all over your carefully thought out plan for the future and tramples it. The track may twist and turn more than I anticipated, but I'm riding this train in anticipation of the next book. Each ending may leave a on a happier note, a 'Happy For Now' rather than even after, but that doesn't dilute the desire for the next book.

I'm just on pins and needles to see just what is next in store for Justin! *Fist pumps into the air and turns up "We Are the Champions" while loading a book on my Kindle. Muahahaha*

I participated in the Beta read of this book, and received a final ARC from John Corwin. My thoughts are my own, and my status as a self-proclaimed book pimp are entirely voluntary.