LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
The Redemption of Callie & Kayden - Jessica Sorensen I have to say- a MUCH less traumatizing ending. Still much is 'up in the air' but it's not the punch to the gut that Coincidence is. If anyone is looking for one of the best examples of New Adult romance, this series is touching, angsty, and so worth the read. If I could have, I would have read this in one sitting. I wanted to, but life and the pesky sandman got in my way.

I feel so much for these characters, it's like they jump out of the pages in a tangible manifestation. I just want to hug each and every one of them, pat them on the back, and give them a shoulder to cry on. If you think you had it bad... this odd group of friends and family seems to take the cake (at least compared to some of the worst stories of people I know firsthand.) There are several severe examples of the products of abuse in this book, and I've found them to be hauntingly accurate. It's a dose of bittersweet love and despair.

If you are a fan of romance, moderate steam, and reveal in angst- Do Not Let this Book, or Series, Slip By. It may be dark, but hold fast to that hope for the light at the end of the tunnel. There is innocence in the pages that will squeeze your heart and force you to hope for the best possible future, not only for Callie and Kayden, but Luke and Seth as well.

P.S. Oh, snap! Something about the 'future' books coming just clicked. *Whoa* I can't wait for the next part of this emotional ride!

I did receive a free ARC eBook from Forever (Grand Central Publishing) via NetGalley, but I also pre-ordered an Amazon eBook as well. My thoughts are my own.