LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Notice Me - Rebecca Turley I have to be perfectly honest here... for at least half of the book, I was worried. There were glowing reviews and I just was not seeing it. I figured out who 'Notice Me' was from the very beginning, it seemed transparent to me although odd at moments. The ginormous twists and turns won me over, although some of those I could see a mile away.

Sadly, one of the final twists... I must warn you know, if there is even a possibility you want to continue the series after this- DO NOT read the blurb for book #2, Embrace Me. Somewhere around the 80% mark, I was already planning on reading an ARC of Embrace Me next- I read the blurb. *Sigh* Despite some of the *bang* behind the revelation being dampened, the ending really redeemed the book. Another warning, while still being a 'Happy for Now' that leads you to believe a 'Happily Ever After' is a distinct probability in future books- but it's still a bit cliffy. It's a reaction of, 'I really want to know what happened next' rather than a 'No! That's not fair!' - if that makes any sense at all.

Once I rolled all my thoughts into a bundle, I felt 4 solid, emotional ♥'s was the right rating. Think of a British version of the show Dynasty rolled into a book. Drama oozes from it's pages but still left me rooting for the near Romeo and Juliet lovers to end up together forever this time and my hand itched to slap and scratch some of the faces of the odious villains. I'm absolutely excited that I get to immediately crack open book #2 and learn their fate...

I received an eBook of Notice Me from Rebecca Turley via CBL Tours in exchange for an honest review.