LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Steel and Lace: The Complete Series - Adriane Leigh Yet another edit:
I've found out that Steel and Lace came out BEFORE Beautiful Bastard, so some of my feelings on unoriginality may actually be directed in the wrong direction. Because of this fact, I've bumped up my GR rating back to 4♥'s. Steel and Lace perfected the panty ripping first, so I'm giving them round-up to reflect that.

Original Review:
I've flip-flopped on the rating. I'm trying to determine if it deserves 3 or 4♥'s, because I think the ultimate rating would be 3½♥'s.

If you love 50 Shades, this is right up your alley.

In the beginning, I'll admit, I was a little worried because it seemed SO much like 50 Shades and Beautiful Bastard. I fought those comparisons throughout the book. Edit: Rather it was Beautiful Bastard that was much like this book, but Steele and Lace still ran along the same overall territory that 50 Shades made popular.

Now, this is probably going to come back and bite me on the ass... but originality-wise, I'd only give this 1♥. The writing isn't bad, the characters aren't that bad... but it's like I've read this all before. Maybe it's because I've read Beautiful Bastard so recently, but it's like a bunch of adult Twilight fan fictions got together into a blender, was put on chop, and then out as Steel and Lace. Because it was on chop, and not puree' you can still identify parts and pieces of the original ingredients/ideas.

And this couple- *ARG* nothing beautiful about them, just the disaster part. Can you tell I've re-read Beautiful Disaster recently, too? Hard not mentally set aside other books at times. They ARE a train wreck of a relationship. I really wish that many elements were not as predictable as they ended up being. I loved that feeling after I read 50 Shades, and I keep trying to feel that again, but without enough individuality and originality to make a book seem new and fresh...

I was given a free copy from the author in exchange for a review. My thoughts are my own, and I received NO compensation for my review.