LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
Immortal in Death (In Death 03) - J D Robb I have to admit, I ended up grabbing this one from Audible as soon as I finished Glory in Death (luckily I still had a credit or two so no money needed to change hands.) I've gone from 0 to 60 (an addicted) in no time flat!

I love that we see more Mavis in this book, she is a really fun character! And Peabody! Although, I will admit I'm not 100% happy with the Peabody voice... but other than that I am adoring the narrator. I don't think I could 'read' this series at this point, now that I've been spoiled by Susan (the narrator).

Now, I'm not usually a big fan of mystery - and especially 'police' type stories... but this series (for me) has the right influx of hot, steamy bedroom action and the futuristic setting (future but not too 'out there') creates this perfect addictive mix. AND- I'm not the type to read the last page of the book (in case I don't make it to the end) ... but boy, oh boy, do I get a kick out of figuring out the 'bad guy' in these books! AND I can actually figure it out! It's not so easy to guess that I'm mad, but not so obvious that I still question if I've fingered the right person. I especially had a gut feeling in this book, and went back and forth second guessing my prediction. (P.S. I was RIGHT! Should not have second guessed myself!)

Now, I pretty much only say nice things about the book, so why not a 5♥, you might ask... Well, this series is SOLID and does make me happy, and I'm addicted, and I like the narrator and the characters... but... It's not heart-stopping, *Squee*, fan-girl-freak-out amazing. If you are at all interested in this series, I'd recommend checking out a sample from Audible. I just love it and will most definitely continue this series... (although the length of the series is absolutely daunting!)