LoonyAlana

Crazy Bibliophile and Book Pimp (Not So Anonymous)

The Hooker and the Hermit
Penny Reid, Luci Cosway
The Suicide Princess
Anthony Bryan
Rise of the Magi (Lila Gray, #3)
Jocelyn Adams
Caged (Holloway Pack, #3)
J.A. Belfield
The Sun Dwellers - David Estes This is, hands down, my favorite book of this series (that I've read thus far.) It was just so WOW. The right amount of angst and self-doubt to make the teenage mission so believable. There were brief moments of hormone driven passion, but there is only so much time for that when you're in the middle of a war and a soldier fighting for everything.

The sweet, sweet innocence juxtaposed with sharp pointy weapons. One minute, it's all daggers and bows, arrows and a gun... the next it's the naive worry of holding hands while you're sweating. There are moments, where the reality crashes around them, revealing with stark naked cruelty the extent of what they have signed up for. Everything is in the balance, resting on the shoulders of these young adults. No pressure, indeed.

It's really odd, but I swear the further they journey into the Sun realm (the 'brightest' of all the realms) the darker the story seems to get. I've so eager to see where it further leads... I cannot gush enough. Really, this book raises the entire series to a 5 star series for me!

I received a free eBook in exchange for an unbiased review. I have received no compensation for my thoughts.